Saturday, May 25, 2013

World's Worst Blogger

I apologize for being a terrible blogger. I could tell you that I will get better, really I will, but that is probably a lie.  Fantasy Devin writes a blog entry everyday, and they are all packed with wit, interesting facts you never read anywhere else and glorious, glorious knitting.  Fantasy Devin does tons of stuff that Real Devin never does.  I love Fantasy Devin...

Anyway, I finished Green Baby Blanket 2.0, but didn't photograph it. That's ok. It's just a stockinette blanket.  I also knitted a Lettuce Leaf scarf for my wonderful friend who just turned 40. I made it with Knit Picks Galileo, and it's just so squishy and ruffly.  (The pattern for this isn't on ravelry, but is given out with purchase at my LYS: Needles in the Haymarket.)  What do you think?




Finishing these two projects meant something very important for Real Devin: the commencement of the Season of Selfish Knitting. I haven't made much for myself since last summer.  Which is fine, because I have amazing friends who aren't even knitters but still act like they won the lottery when they find out I knitted them something.  But every now and then, I'd like to keep and wear something I've made.  So I started an Abalone sweater for me out of some Madelinetosh Vintage in Baltic of which I have a bootload. This is a ridiculously simple sweater with no shaping that I really hope turns out cute.  We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, lovely blue for that scarf! Abalone looks simple enough that I might even be able to make one -- if I can put my other projects on hold! Too little time, too much knitting I want to do...Hug that little guy for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CeltChick - you are too kind! Thanks so much for your comment. My Abalone didn't turn out as planned... I'll explain in my next blog post. ;)

      Delete